Moving is a stressful enough event at the best of times. This is made even more problematic if you are moving abroad.
Not only do you have the same things to deal with as you would if moving within the UK, but you may have to manage them in a country with a different language as well as the added stress of having to ship your belongings overseas.
1) It is important to visit the destination if possible, to get a feel of the location, and see what areas you would like to live in and their proximity to your workplace, as well as the ease of the commute before finding a property.
2) If the destination country is not English-speaking, enrol in classes to learn the basics. It will make getting set up in your new home town easier
3) One of the most important things to do before you go is to check your paperwork. Do you need a work visa and are your company providing it? Do you have adequate health and travel insurance in place? Can you drive with your driving license in your destination country and if not, how do you renew?
4) Before going, try to join a number of ex-pat forums and social media groups to gain support and to ask questions about what you should know about the area.
5) Find a reliable, relocation service and international removal company like Cotswold Carriers to manage the physical job of moving you abroad. We can manage and coordinate the move so you can concentrate on all these other things.
So, if you are planning a move to Europe and want a reliable company to handle the move, you can’t do any better than Cotswold Carriers.
Give a member of the team a call or drop us an email and we will be happy to discuss the different packages we can put together for you.